John From Cincinnati?
topcat
2007-06-25 23:43:50 UTC
Anyone watching this Milch produced train wreck besides me?

It's the weirdest show since Twin Peaks. I'm watching it just to see how bad
it can get.

It's on HBO tonight at 10:00, if you dare...

TC
Kurt Ridder
2007-06-26 02:09:55 UTC
Post by topcat
Anyone watching this Milch produced train wreck besides me?
It's the weirdest show since Twin Peaks. I'm watching it just to see how
bad it can get.
I've committed. Episode 1 was a slow starter but I enjoyed episode 2 and
loved the hell out of 3. I think it's going to be a worthwhile venture, and
much more enjoyable and productive than comprehensive immigration reform.

Kurt Ridder
topcat
2007-06-26 22:47:39 UTC
Post by Kurt Ridder
Post by topcat
Anyone watching this Milch produced train wreck besides me?
It's the weirdest show since Twin Peaks. I'm watching it just to see how
bad it can get.
I've committed. Episode 1 was a slow starter but I enjoyed episode 2 and
loved the hell out of 3. I think it's going to be a worthwhile venture, and
much more enjoyable and productive than comprehensive immigration reform.
I may be hooked too, but I'm ashamed of it.

As for the comprehensive "destroy America and all it has ever stood for"
reform....I sadly have to write...

Bye bye Miss American Pie
Drove my chevy to the levee
But the levee was dry
And them good ol' boys were drinking whiskey and rye
Singing "This'll be the day that I die"

TC
Kurt Ridder
2007-06-26 23:09:15 UTC
Post by topcat
As for the comprehensive "destroy America and all it has ever stood for"
reform....I sadly have to write...
Bye bye Miss American Pie
Drove my chevy to the levee
But the levee was dry
And them good ol' boys were drinking whiskey and rye
Singing "This'll be the day that I die"
Ah, but how I do love Mexican food and an ice cold Tecate...

Kurt Ridder
topcat
2007-06-26 23:18:04 UTC
Post by Kurt Ridder
Post by topcat
As for the comprehensive "destroy America and all it has ever stood for"
reform....I sadly have to write...
Bye bye Miss American Pie
Drove my chevy to the levee
But the levee was dry
And them good ol' boys were drinking whiskey and rye
Singing "This'll be the day that I die"
Ah, but how I do love Mexican food and an ice cold Tecate...
Si Senor.

http://www.cduniverse.com/search/xx/music/pid/6831968/a/Si+Senor.htm

TC
Kurt Ridder
2007-06-26 23:24:13 UTC
Post by topcat
Si Senor.
http://www.cduniverse.com/search/xx/music/pid/6831968/a/Si+Senor.htm
Is that a recommendation -- a "South of the Border" Bon Jovi perhaps?

Kurt Ridder
topcat
2007-06-26 23:32:12 UTC
Post by Kurt Ridder
Post by topcat
Si Senor.
http://www.cduniverse.com/search/xx/music/pid/6831968/a/Si+Senor.htm
Is that a recommendation -- a "South of the Border" Bon Jovi perhaps?
Kurt Ridder
South of what border? There is no border. Mexico has annexed the US. I
didn't want to believe the liberals, but Bush is turning out to be one of
the worst Presidents in US history. He's even going to manage to end US
history as we know it.

TC
Cyn
2007-07-08 04:36:14 UTC
I seem to agree for the most of that TC.....
My aunt told me about how the mexican's abuse her at work...she's a baker
for Wal-Mart in the deli. She said they leave their children there in the
store for hours and go eat or whatever. They took some family to court for
damages after their 7 year old went down the detergent aisle and opening all
of the HUGE containers that have the pour spout on them.

The produce manager came over to her last week, there was a baby (about 6-7
months old) in a stroller parked in the produce section....they called the
manager who called the police. The parents showed up about 10 mins later
and raised unholy hell about the "pigs" taking their child from them!

I'm SO over them...I'm sorry I'm usual a tolerant person...and I know this
is the south and folks expect me to have an opinion as strong as this but
man. We gave them MORE than an inch and damn if they didn't take the whole
country!!!!

Just me,
Cyn
=(
TC
topcat
2007-07-08 18:44:54 UTC
Post by Cyn
[...]
They're all riding around on bikes in my town. And every woman is either
carrying or pushing a carriage carrying an anchor baby.

The situation is totally out of control. If they want this country so bad,
maybe it's time we Americans go take over Mexico. At least it's warm there.

TC
topcat
2007-06-27 23:32:47 UTC
Post by Kurt Ridder
Post by topcat
Anyone watching this Milch produced train wreck besides me?
It's the weirdest show since Twin Peaks. I'm watching it just to see how
bad it can get.
I've committed. Episode 1 was a slow starter but I enjoyed episode 2 and
loved the hell out of 3. I think it's going to be a worthwhile venture, and
much more enjoyable and productive than comprehensive immigration reform.
Question: What/who do you think John is? A God, a devil, an angel?

TC
Kurt Ridder
2007-06-28 02:12:20 UTC
Post by topcat
Question: What/who do you think John is? A God, a devil, an angel?
While I don't think it's Milch's intention to "reveal" it as such, I'd say
he's the second coming of Christ. Hence the "JFC" -- which exactly how
Milch, with his affinity for the "F" word, would say it.

Kurt Ridder
topcat
2007-06-28 16:07:05 UTC
Post by Kurt Ridder
Post by topcat
Question: What/who do you think John is? A God, a devil, an angel?
While I don't think it's Milch's intention to "reveal" it as such, I'd say
he's the second coming of Christ. Hence the "JFC" -- which exactly how
Milch, with his affinity for the "F" word, would say it.
Wow. Good call, K-Rid. I never would have thought of that.

Oh, and Happy the immigration bill just went down in flames Day.

TC
Dennis Q. Wilson
2007-06-29 06:43:16 UTC
Post by Kurt Ridder
Post by topcat
Question: What/who do you think John is? A God, a devil, an angel?
While I don't think it's Milch's intention to "reveal" it as such, I'd say
he's the second coming of Christ. Hence the "JFC" -- which exactly how
Milch, with his affinity for the "F" word, would say it.
What makes you think it's only the *second* coming?

I LOVE this show. Three episodes in, it's already clearer than the
Sopranos finale. But hey, this early in the run, I don't care that we
don't know what's going on, just that there's a LOT going on and what
we do see is compelling. And that Ed O'Neill is as wonderful and
versatile as ever.

Alan Sepinwall is doing Monday-morning quarterbacking of "J from C"
every week over at his "What's Alan Watching?" blog. The mini-review
and discussion of the latest episode is at
http://sepinwall.blogspot.com/2007/06/john-from-cincy-he-is-risen.html.
Except for the absence of Amanda W. and a few others, it feels like
early alt.tv.nypd-blue over there.

We're boning now, Kai!
topcat
2007-06-29 12:51:31 UTC
Post by Dennis Q. Wilson
Post by Kurt Ridder
Post by topcat
[...]
Okay, maybe I'll "see God", Dennis.

TC
Dennis Q. Wilson
I always wondered why your eyeballs spun around like that!
Kurt Ridder
2007-07-03 03:10:36 UTC
Post by Dennis Q. Wilson
Post by Kurt Ridder
[...]
Okay, the *next* coming, for those who believe such things. Anyhoo, thanks
for the link -- I'm anxious to check it out.

Kurt Ridder
Dennis Q. Wilson
2007-08-13 08:43:48 UTC
Post by Kurt Ridder
Post by topcat
Anyone watching this Milch produced train wreck besides me?
It's the weirdest show since Twin Peaks. I'm watching it just to see how
bad it can get.
I've committed. Episode 1 was a slow starter but I enjoyed episode 2 and
loved the hell out of 3. I think it's going to be a worthwhile venture, and
much more enjoyable and productive than comprehensive immigration reform.
So did you guys stick with JFC (hey, maybe he's Colonel Sanders' great-
grandson) through to tonight's finale? I did and I'm glad, even
though I we never got a clear statement of what the show was actually
about. In some ways, the series was very reminiscent of those last-
minute NYPD Blue episodes that Milch wrote drugged up and on the fly,
handing his just-completed stream-of-consciousness scenes to the
unrehearsed actors two minutes before the cameras rolled (the episodes
that took place entirely in the squad room).

But even on his worst day, Milch's trippy dialogue is dazzling, and
John from Cincinnati was exhilarating at times. A lot of big notions
were thrown out there, and I hope he gets the chance to come back and
pay them off.

Cyn
2007-07-08 04:31:31 UTC
Hey TC

I've not touched this one but, boy am I hooked on Big Love.
Seen it yet??

Cyn
=^..^=
TC
topcat
2007-07-08 18:45:34 UTC
Post by Cyn
Hey TC
I've not touched this one but, boy am I hooked on Big Love.
Seen it yet??
No, it's probably good, but I can't get into the whole polygamist thing.

TC
Cyn