Off-topic: Anyone watching Black Donnellys online?
Dennis Q. Wilson
2007-04-20 13:13:48 UTC
Slow start aside, I thought The Black Donnellys was one of the better
mob series to air on broadcast TV in a long time. It was pulled from
the schedule after six episodes, but NBC is monitoring how many
viewers are watching the remaining episodes on NBC.com, and may bring
it back for another 13 episodes if their 2007-2008 drama pilots are
perceived as weak. If you enjoyed The Black Donnellys as much as I
did, surf over and watch the unaired eps (or at least click on the
links) -- it's really quite compelling.
Brian Matthews
2007-04-20 13:51:34 UTC
On 20 Apr 2007 06:13:48 -0700, "Dennis Q. Wilson"
Post by Dennis Q. Wilson
Slow start aside, I thought The Black Donnellys was one of the better
mob series to air on broadcast TV in a long time. It was pulled from
the schedule after six episodes, but NBC is monitoring how many
viewers are watching the remaining episodes on NBC.com, and may bring
it back for another 13 episodes if their 2007-2008 drama pilots are
perceived as weak. If you enjoyed The Black Donnellys as much as I
did, surf over and watch the unaired eps (or at least click on the
links) -- it's really quite compelling.
Yes, that's a good show, if you like crime drama.
Stupid "reality" shows keep right on coming and they take quality
shows off the air. Networks like reality shows because they're cheaper
to make. Ugh....

Brian
unknown
Hey, thanks for the heads-up.
unknown
2007-04-21 23:19:22 UTC
Post by Dennis Q. Wilson
Slow start aside, I thought The Black Donnellys was one of the better
mob series to air on broadcast TV in a long time. It was pulled from
the schedule after six episodes, but NBC is monitoring how many
viewers are watching the remaining episodes on NBC.com, and may bring
it back for another 13 episodes if their 2007-2008 drama pilots are
perceived as weak. If you enjoyed The Black Donnellys as much as I
did, surf over and watch the unaired eps (or at least click on the
links) -- it's really quite compelling.
Yes, that's a good show, if you like crime drama.
Stupid "reality" shows keep right on coming and they take quality
shows off the air. Networks like reality shows because they're cheaper
to make. Ugh....
Brian
Hey, thanks for the heads-up.
Me again. All I get are the commercials for Fidelity Trust and a message
that says "the clip is not avauilable from your location." In other words,
if you're in Canada, you're shit outa luck.

--- Uncle Dave
Bill Kawalec
2007-04-22 00:26:16 UTC
Post by Dennis Q. Wilson
Slow start aside, I thought The Black Donnellys was one of the better
mob series to air on broadcast TV in a long time. It was pulled from
the schedule after six episodes, but NBC is monitoring how many
viewers are watching the remaining episodes on NBC.com, and may bring
it back for another 13 episodes if their 2007-2008 drama pilots are
perceived as weak. If you enjoyed The Black Donnellys as much as I
did, surf over and watch the unaired eps (or at least click on the
links) -- it's really quite compelling.
Yes, that's a good show, if you like crime drama.
Stupid "reality" shows keep right on coming and they take quality
shows off the air. Networks like reality shows because they're cheaper
to make. Ugh....
well, "cheaper to make" is only one factor. Bottom line is, people watch
them. Sad but true.
It's a strange business really. TV makes money by delivering an audience to
the advertiser. If you make an album and sell 6 million copies, that's a
mega-hit. If 6 million people tune in to a prime time TV show, that's a
mega-flop.
Post by unknown
Post by Brian Matthews
Brian
Hey, thanks for the heads-up.
Brian Matthews
2007-04-26 22:39:14 UTC
Post by Dennis Q. Wilson
[...]
An "album" What's that? I guess that ages you. : )

But true.....while I don't judge people on their viewing habits,
I, for one, never watch lame "reality" shows. (unless you count sports
as reality?)

I have a friend who is addicted to American Idol. I guess I'm too old
to understand the draw of the show.

Brian
Bill Kawalec
2007-04-27 04:55:46 UTC
I never read email at the Yahoo address!
Post by Dennis Q. Wilson
[...]
not at all. the term "album" goes back to when a collection of 78 RPM
records was housed in an actual album, so it is no more outdated today than
it was in the days of **LPs**. An LP was no more an actual "album" than a CD
is.